January 15, 2009

Y Tu Mama Tambien

English Title: And Your Mother Too
Alfonso Cuaron, Mexico, 2001, imdb
Review: 1.5 Uchuvas
Comment: I am terribly sorry but I think is the worst movie EVER! (don't tell anyone but I'm just exaggerating!... I've seen much worst! but trust me! it's very bad!).  To start with (and to finish with) the acting is sooooooooo but so so so so so bad that I still can't believe that these two great current actors started over here.... Gael Garcia Bernal (yes! acting bad!!) and then Diego Luna (yes... bad). I have to say that I think they both are great actors now; Gael has an unfinished list of great films and Diego Luna just did an astonish performance in MILK but nonetheless I wont forgive them for this film!!! I even bought it!!! I saw the film a long time ago and totally forgot how bad it was and then I bought it last year, saw it and almost go to Virgin for a refund! But the winner was Maribel Verdu... I don't even know what to say about her acting!!! I am giving some Uchuvas ONLY for the story that if you have the ability to forget about this horrible acting you will realized that the plot could have brought a great film out of it. Ok, tell everyone I am exaggerating but ... I warned you!! Don't forget that this is what I and only I think... The Oscar's, BTAFF and lots of others (but no Cannes, that's why I love Cannes!!) gave nominations to this film... so, again, you have a go and let me know!!!

No comments: