January 9, 2009

Golden GLobes 2009

I know, I know!! it's not a foreign film awards and maybe it's not worth paying attention to them (do you know that only 92 people vote for the winners??!!) but I thought I should include in the blog some festivals I like to follow so here you go.
Any guess for winners here??!!! some of my guesses are (in red): (winners and comments in green after watching the ceremony)

Best Motion Picture-Drama
The curious case of Benjamin Button imdb (great effects!)
Frost/Nixon imdb (not my cup of tea but it was good)
The reader imdb (Excelent film! great acting)
Revolutionary Road imdb (tough and great!)
Slumdog Millionaire imdb (I have some doubts but it was good) (No way!!)

Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture-Drama
Leonardo Dicaprio, Revolutionary Road
Frank Langella, Frost/Nixon
Sean Penn, Milk
Brad Pitt, The curious case of B.B.
Mickey Rourke, The Wrestler (haven't seen it) (again, Penn is just amazing but can't say if he's better as I haven't seen this film)

Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture -Drama
Anne hathaway, Rachel Getting married (haven't seen it)
Angelina J, Changeling (haven't seen it and not planning to)
Meryl Streep, Doubt
Kristin Scott Thomas, I've love you so long
Kate Winslet, Revolutionary road (I like her better in The Reader) (agreed, she is great!)

Don't miss these other nominees!!! they are great films!
Doubt, pity the trailer! it shows all the film but it's a great film!
Milk, excellent... specially all the acting! Penn is superb!
Burn after reading, I loved Pitt acting here!
In Bruges, so funny! Winner Best Actor Commedy
The Dark Knight, just to see the Joker is worth it! Winner supporting Actor
Wall-E, great animation. Winner Best Animation
Waltz with Bashir, worth watching. Winner Best Foreign Film

and you? any guess?

No comments: