January 15, 2009

Cidade de Deus

English Title: City of God
Fernando Meirelles-Katia Lund, Brazil, 2002, imdb
Review: 5.0 Uchuvas
Comment: I better start posting some films that I have in my old list; I will start with this great film! I really think is a great film for lots of reason but more important: the way the story is told, the amazing edition, the great photography and the superb music! Do you need any other reason to see it? Ok, here I go with another reason: The good acting.
Going back to the edition, I think it's one of the best ones I've seen! to top the camera's shoots and the music helps a lot to end up with such a great edition! I loved the power of the color too!(the poster's color says it all!) I agree that the story is really tough and raw but, oh well... when you have such an ability to direct films like this one you are totally entitled to talk about any subject you want!... plus... what's wrong with tough films??!!

No comments: