February 8, 2009

BAFTA 2009

So here with some winners of BAFTA awards. I have to repeat that I totally disagreed with saying that Slumdog Millionaire is worth an award. The film is good, no doubt, but it isn't a film that worth so many awards!!
So, here the winners in red, my favorites in green and half half when agree:

BEST FILM
Slumdog Millionaire
The Curious case of Benjamin Button
Frost\Nixon
Milk
The Reader
OUTSTANDING BRITISH FILM
Man on a wire
Hunger
In Bruges
Mamma Mia
Slumdog Millionaire
DIRECTOR
Clint Eastwood for Changeling
David Fincher for The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Danny Boyle for Slumdog Millionaire
Ron Howard for Frost\Nixon
Stephen Daldry for The Reader
ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY
Changeling
I've loved you so long
In Bruges
Burn After reading
Milk
LEADING ACTOR
Frank Langella in Frost\Nixon
Mickey Rourke in The Wrestler
Dev Patel in Slumdog Millionaire
Sean Penn in Milk
Bradd Pitt in The curious case of Benjamin Button
LEADING ACTRESS
Angelina Jolie for Changeling
Kristin Scott Thomas for I've loved you so long
Kate Winslet for The Reader
Kate Winslet for Revolutionary Road
Meryl Streep for Doubt
SUPPORTING ACTOR
Heath Ledger for The Dark Knight
Robert Downey Jr. for Tropic Thunder
Brendan Gleeson for In Bruges
Philip Seymour Hoffman for Doubt
Brad Pitt for Burn After reading
SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Penelope Cruz for Vicky Cristina Barcelona (No way!!!)
Amy Admas for Doubt
Freida Pinto for Slumdog Millionaire
Tild Swinton for Burn After Reading
Marisa Tomei for The Wrestler
ANIMATED FILM
Wall-E
Persepolis
Waltz with Bashir
BEST FILM NOT IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE (have only seen 3 so I can't say which one is better but definitely I've loved you so long is not the best one so far!)
The Baader Meinhof Complex
I've loved you so long
Gomorrah
Persepolis
Waltz with Bashir
MAKE UP AND HAIR (I include this award as I think this film did an astonishing work)
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button... The best make up I've seen in the big screen!!!

No comments: