January 14, 2009

La Doble vie de Veronique

English Title: The double life of Veronique
Krzysztof Kieslowski, France, 2001, imdb
Review: 4.0 Uchuvas
Comment: I wanted to take my time to comment this film as I just loved every single part of it!!!!! I only have seen the trilogy from Kieslowski before (Blue, Red and White) but after watching The double life of Veronique I think this Polish director is just great! They are such a beautiful films! They are soooo delicate and powerful. I think not only the story, the actors, the photography was good; one VERY important component was the AAAAAMAZING music!!! I just felt in love with the singer (Elzbieta Towarnicka) and the composer (Zbigniew Preisner) !!! I just love these two tracks from the movie: Veronique singing (I won't put the real scene as I would spoil the film if you haven't seen it) and The puppets scene.  I love love love the puppet sequence... just looooove it! I also loooove when a director don't tell you the story in black and white... he just give you some ideas of what happen but he never tells you what in fact happen! I love when a director knows that we are cleaver enough to imagine things, or even better, to invent things!!! I spent a lot of hours trying to find who is the real puppeteer!? Any idea anyone?

No comments: